Wednesday, February 13, 2013

eat play love

Today wasn't our best day.  I was cranky, the kiddo was cranky.  We argued before school, he clogged the toilet with paper after lunch (and had a subsequent freakout about it as he is wont to do about most things), I got hit with exhaustion and a headache about 4pm... C had called earlier in the afternoon to let me know that he had missed his flight home from his business trip and would still be home tonight, only four hours later than expected.  Safe to say I would've filed this day under C for "craptastic, slightly" for all of us.

And yet, after C got home and M was getting ready for bed, there was this:

C:  How was your day?  What did you do today?

M:  I loved, eated and played.

Seriously.  Doesn't that sound like a near-perfect day?  He basically distilled all of today's events down to those three lovely things.  Sometimes it's difficult for me to pull it together and put on an "I've moved on" face after my kid has just made me so boiling mad just moments before. Fortunately, my 5-year-old does has that ability, and whether it's contrived or sincere, it's definitely something I could learn from him.

No comments: